Re: [Evolution] Evolution does not support message's priority?

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 09:16 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:25 +0800, liushuai wrote:
I reviewed the code of evolution and also checked all columns in
evolution message list window. However, I could not find where to
display the priority of new email? I could not see whether the mail
was urgent or normal or non-urgent.

Don't know what "non-urgent" is, but in every version of Evolution I've
used there's a column right next to the "new/read/replied" icon column
that marks urgent mail.  On my Ubuntu system it's an orange circle with
a white exclamation mark in it; I think different distros use different
icon sets.

To mark a mail that you received as urgent, you click in that column
next to the mail.

To mark a mail you want to send as urgent, you select Insert ->
Prioritize Message (this is, admittedly, pretty difficult to figure
out).

Um, wrong answer.  He wanted to know if evolution supports message
priority, not "marking as important".  Message priority allows the
sender<< to assign a message priority from low = 5, to critical = 1 to
the message in the hopes that it helps the receiver determine what
emails to read first.  This uses the "non-standard" mail header
X-Priority.

A LONG time ago in evolution development, it was decided that message
priority would not be supported because it uses a non-standard header.
Search the archives (about 2-3 years ago).

Even though you can not do message priority on the sending side, there
still is a way to use filters to support it on the receiving side.  Just
filter on the X-Priority header field, and if its 1 or 2, make the
message red - and for 3 or 4 make the message blue.

Lonnie Borntreger