[Evolution] Where is the message status information stored?

If I flag a message for follow-up (for example) is that information
strictly internal to evolution?  I'm using an IMAP server, but I believe
that only the "mark as important" is saved to the server (as a status of
flagged).

Can anyone confirm this, or set me straight about what information is
kept on the imap server by evolution.

There's other info such as "seen" (probably kept on server) and "replied
to" (probably not) I'm interested in too.  But flag for follow up is the
most important to me.

I'm asking for two reasons.  First, I may need to move messages from one
IMAP server to another, and I'm wondering what information may get lost
if I do a server to server copy.  I suppose that might depend on whether
I use the evolution client to do the copy or some other tool; I'm
intested in both cases.

Second, I would like it if the message status information were the same
whether I looked at the messages using evolution from home or work.  I
have a feeling that if I flag something in one place it won't show up as
flagged in the other.

Ross