Re: [Evolution] OpenLDAP/evolution problem.

On 11 Sep 07, at 0:44, Thomas Novin wrote:

In Evolution, I add the address book with the server, and ask for "get
search base". Then it correctly returns "dc=squirrel-systems,dc=com".
So there is a connection with the OpenLDAP server! However that's all:
I don't get any contacts listed.

This is similar to my issue[1] that I sent with subject 'Problem
fetching my LDAP addressbook' Aug 30 22:12. I never received any

It is working (kinda) in both applications for me. Dumb luck finding out though.

The solution: I must search for the addresses. Searching with "contact contains" and then filling in a single space gives me (all of the) contacts!! So also in ibook's addressbook application.

A very stupid and non-intuitive workaround to what I see as a serious Evolution shortcoming.

Evolution doesn't seem to get any stabler recently either... the version with Mandriva 2007.1 is very unstable, crashing at least once a day.

Wouter.

Surely it must be someone which successfully uses Evolution + LDAP
addressbook?

1.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2007-August/msg00222.html

Rgds,