[Evolution] Problem fetching my LDAP addressbook

Hi all

I have setup my first LDAP server which is running OpenLDAP. The main
reason for this is that I would like to have a address book for use in
Evolution and Squirrelmail.

I have read a few guides[1,2] and some OpenLDAP documentation / man
pages to come up with my implemented solution.

I am able to authenticate when I click my addressbook and I'm also able
to add entries to it. When I search for a specific person I'm getting
the result I expect but if I close Evolution, start it again and then go
to my addressbook it is empty.

Is there something in particular I need to allow to let Evolution do
it's search when it starts?

Evo config:

login method: DN

Login: cn=Firstname Lastname,ou=AddressBook,dc=my,dc=domain
Search base: ou=AddressBook,dc=my,dc=domain

OpenLDAP config (relevant parts):

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/evolutionperson.schema

allow           bind_v2

access to dn.subtree="ou=AddressBook,dc=my,dc=domain"
        by self write
        by users write
        by anonymous read

# EOF

Also imported from the suggested AddressBook.ldif and Me.ldif

This is what I can see logged from slapd when I start Evo:

conn=11 fd=15 ACCEPT from IP=x.x.x.x:60853 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
conn=11 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
conn=11 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
conn=11 op=1 SRCH base="" scope=0 deref=0 filter="(objectClass=*)"
conn=11 op=1 SRCH attr=supportedControl supportedExtension
supportedFeatures supportedSASLMechanisms supportedLDAPVersion
subschemaSubentry schemaNamingContext
conn=11 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=0 text=
conn=11 op=2 BIND dn="cn=Firstname
Lastname,ou=AddressBook,dc=my,dc=domain" method=128
conn=11 op=2 BIND dn="cn=Firstname
Lastname,ou=AddressBook,dc=my,dc=domain" mech=SIMPLE ssf=0
conn=11 op=2 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
conn=11 op=3 SRCH base="" scope=0 deref=0 filter="(objectClass=*)"
conn=11 op=3 SRCH attr=supportedControl supportedExtension
supportedFeatures supportedSASLMechanisms supportedLDAPVersion
subschemaSubentry schemaNamingContext
conn=11 op=3 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=1 text=
conn=11 op=4 SRCH base="cn=Subschema" scope=0 deref=0
filter="(objectClass=subschema)"
conn=11 op=4 SRCH attr=objectClasses
conn=11 op=4 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=1 text=

Any tips anyone?

And of course, I do not use cn=Firstname Lastname and dc=my,dc=domain
etc.. :)

Rgds,

Thomas

1. http://feldt.com/work/projects/openLDAP/