Re: [Evolution] account mess

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 15:42 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
A while ago I asked a similar question. Part of it I could solve myself,
but now I'm still stuck with the rest.
I updated my system (now Ubuntu 7.10) and imported my old mail into
Evolution. That worked just fine. However, I had to set up my account
again.
And now I have 1 account. All my mail is going to the inbox below
"meesters". Before the update I had all mailboxes organized under "On
This Computer". Also, there are a bunch of default mailboxes under
"meesters" named in German. But this is something I didn't ask for (the
whole system is in English, I'm only sitting in Germany).
To illustrate the problem I attached two small screenshots.

No screenshots were attached.

Is there any way to merge the two main folds again? I don't mind whether
the final one will be named "On This Computer" or anything else.

Any hint is appreciated.

It sounds like your previous setup used POP and your new one uses IMAP -
the folders in german under 'meesters' are probably the contents of your
mail folders on the server - you can unsubscribe from them via Folder ->
Subscriptions.

It would difficult to merge your imap mail into the pop folders under
'On This Computer' - you could probably do it using filters etc. though.

You can drag and drop from IMAP folders to the POP folder (I do it all
the time), so I'm guessing a filter would also work.

poc