Re: [Evolution] Moving form M$ Outlook to Evo

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 01:05 -0500, Christopher M Bailey wrote:
Hi All,

I've finally convinced my wife to switch from M$ Outlook to Evo on her
Doze XP box :)  and what I need to do is find a way to convert her .PST
files to a format Evo is happy with.  Can anybody give me some insight
or anecdotes on there experiences and procedures undertaken?

I have three ideas, depending on what works for you:
      * If you have access to an exchange server, move her outlook
        account there and evo accesses it without changes.  She can go
        back to outlook if she needs it for something evo won't do.
      * If you have a palm pda, sync the outlook data there.  Then sync
        back to evo using the evo-palm conduits for gnome-pilot
      * export to ical/vcal/vcard and import into evo.
      * Also some tedious and probably flawed CSV solutions.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075