[Evolution] evolution supports IMAPS?

I am trying to access a mail server with IMAPS and not having any luck.
I've selected IMAP as the server type and Use secure connection (SSL),
but it just keeps asking me for the password.  Does evolution support
IMAPS, which I believe involves a different port?

There seem to be a couple of further problems. First, hitting cancel on
the pasword prompt just bring up another password prompt.  Second, when
I deactivate the account evolution just keeps trying to access the
server (at least that message still shows) and won't do anything else.
I have to force-shutdown to recover.

The relevant server has been through several changes, including a name
change.  I edited the server name on the "receiving email" configuration
for that account.  When that didn't work, I deleted the account and
created a new one.  That sill doesn't work.  Perhaps the old config is
still there and messed up, and that's why I'm having trouble?

I'm running evolution 2.10.3 on Debian, though the data server
components have been bumped to 1.12.1.  I suppose that mismatch is
another possible culprit.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.