Re: [Evolution] moving evo f7 -> f8?

Morgan Read <mstuff <at> read.org.nz> writes:

Hello Folks

I just up'd from f7 to f8.  I copied files/directories:
   1. ~/.evolution/
   2. ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/
   3. ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution

Then logged into my user account, copied them back.

Now, I start evo for the first time and I'm presented with the Evo Setup
Assistant.  Any ideas where I'm going wrong?  How do I get evo back up?
In desperation I've now followed the instructions here:
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_completely_backup_evolution.3F (from a
backup machine) and attempted to use the restore function the Setup Assisstant,
no dice!

This is a complete disaster for me, I use evolution intensively for work - if
anyone can shed some light on why evolution might be behaving like this and how
to get my new install of evolution to recognise my old configs and files it
would really help.

Thanks,
M.