Re: [Evolution] Offline message cache encryption with a Master Password?

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 20:38 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:
I've gotten to the point where my email address is in so many places
online that I get one or two spam messages every day that Gmail
doesn't catch... when I used POP, SpamAssassin would catch everything,
but now that I use IMAP, I don't have spam filters applied... if I
check off the spam filtering in Inbox thingy in teh account settings,
will it automatically know to download the body, or will it just run
SpamAssassin on an empty message body?

I assume it will only download the header, which is why I suggested it.
If Evo junk filtering is off for the Gmail account, it won't
automatically run SpamAssassin for these messages and therefore won't
download the bodies until you decide to read or preview them. Of course
if you hit the Junk button I would expect Evo to download the message
and run SA for learning purposes

POP is different because the entire message will always be downloaded,
independantly of any filtering.

poc