Re: [Evolution] Offline message cache encryption with a Master Password?

AFAIK, Evo caches the *headers*, unless you explicitely open the message
of course, but note that applying junk filters may also imply
downloading message bodies, since both SpamAssasin and Bogofilter do
Bayesian analisis of the message text. Since Gmail has its own junk
filtering, you might want to disable Evo junk filtering for your Gmail
account. In fact Gmail recommends this.

Evo has no built-in way to encrypt the cache, though I guess a plugin
could be written to do it. As others have said, you can always use other
Linux tools for filesystem encryption.

poc