Re: [Evolution] Importing mail & settings from previous version of Evolution

Andy Allen wrote:

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response - no, I haven't tried exporting to another
email program as an intermediary, but I'm sure I should be able to
export/import between two versions of Evolution. I've tried using the
Import Assistant in Evolution 2.0.2 but it says "No settings ....found".
I don't want to have to 'reinvent the wheel' by using all sorts of
command line stuff - I just need some clear instruction as to how to set
up the two versions of Evolution so that the Import Assistant will work!

Between Evo 1 and Evo 2 there was a lot of changes in the formats - specifically it changed from using the '~/evolution' directory to store everything in to using the '~/.evolution' directory. If '~/.evolution' exists, it won't import. Similarly make sure that '~/evolution directory exists. You only get one chance to do the imports because the initial import sets lots of gconf keys - evo assumes that the import
has been done if any of these keys exist.

There used to be a program around from Ximian (when evo was a Ximian program) to reset all the import things - but that was a long time ago, so I don't know if you
will be able to find it now.

Pete