Re: [Evolution] Mail filters not working automatically

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 11:27 +0200, Eugen Rogoza wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've got a mail account on a IMAP server. I've set up several mail filters to
sort the incoming messages and move them to corresponding folders. In account
preferences -> Receiving options I have checked the "Apply message filters to
new messages in INBOX on this server".

The filters work when called manually (Message -> Apply filters), but they do
not work automatically when new messages arrive.

Any ideas?

Make sure no other client is active on your Inbox at the same time.
"Newness" is a flag maintained by the IMAP server, which is turned off
if any client anywhere looks at the message.

For example, if you use Evo from more than one location, you need to
make sure only one instance is active at a time. This means either
logging out or using the "--force-shutdown" flag when you move from one
place to another. Note that it's not enough to simply exit the Evolution
GUI.

poc