Re: [Evolution] Evolution and attachment names

Em Seg, 2007-03-26 às 22:07 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray escreveu:
On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 12:50 +0000, Marcus Senna Borges de Barros wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am using Evolution 2.8.1 on Ubuntu (Edgy Eft) to connect to an
> Exchange Server, and I've noticed that whenever you attach a file
> whose name contains accented characters, the Outlook users receive the
> attachment as att<random numbers>.dat (for instance, at243765.dat),
Just curious, what does file <att_numver.dat> say ?
ms/tnef by any chance ?

Couldn't get this information in Outlook, but I've found something interesting, looking at the Internet header (I changed all references to IP addresses and machine names for security purposes):

=======[ beginning of the header

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0

Subject: Teste with PDF attachment

From: Marcus Senna Borges de Barros <msenna sefaz ba gov br>

To: Marcus Senna Borges de Barros <msenna sefaz ba gov br>

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:26:31 -0300

--=-OuVjLRx27ClpfYfvShvr

--=-akr/NTBmH+RlAmZi1Vlx

--=-akr/NTBmH+RlAmZi1Vlx

--=-akr/NTBmH+RlAmZi1Vlx--

--=-OuVjLRx27ClpfYfvShvr

--=-OuVjLRx27ClpfYfvShvr--

=======[ end of the header

Looks like the file contains the correct name (in this case, it's "Cartilha Domestica.pdf", with the accented "e"). Somehow, Outlook can translate it to the correct name. If I open the same email in Evolution, it gets the right name.

Regards,

Marcus.