Re: [Evolution] Evolution hanging

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 10:08 -0800, alan wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:

I ma having a problem with Evolution hanging on me periodically (2-3
times a week). It is always displaying a message on the bottom that says
"Fetching mail...". Can anyone suggest a way to figure out what the
problem is, and even better, to fix it?

Check if spamassassin is running a process that it not returning.  Look in
the process table (or run "top" and look for "spamc".)

That is what caused hangs for me with Evolution.

Thank you. I will try that the next time it hangs and see what I get.

Regards

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik zwilnik com Linux User #333216