Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Evolution-Connector W/ Exchange 2007]

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 04:49 -0600, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 03:13 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
I was able to build Evo from current SVN head on my Ubuntu 7.04 based on
the help provided by Reid and some different websites.  It works well;
it might possibly be a bit more stable.

Cool and thanks for trying the SVN trunk.

However, I still see most of the same bugs I saw before:

      * Slow delete the first time Evo deletes a mail in an Exchange
        session
See
http://vvaradhan.blogspot.com/2007/06/evolution-exchange-performance-series_28.html .  That fix is not yet
part of SVN trunk and will be hitting it for 2.11.5 release.  That patch will fix this issue as well.

      * In one of my instances Exchange mail is new but isn't in the
        summary
Do you mean, the mail wasn't shown or just the read/unread flag was not
in sync?

      * In another instance deleting the last mail doesn't automatically
        select the second-to-last one (causing the summary to scroll
        back to the beginning of the buffer).
I think this one got fixed.. let me see, if I can get the patch to
upstream.

      * Passwords for POP accounts aren't stored and have to be retyped
        whenever Evo restarts (unlike Exchange passwords, which ARE
        stored).

Do you have keyring enabled?  If so, can you check whether it is stored
in keyring or not?

I also see a few new issues:

      * I was using Bayesian spam filtering via the plugin (I have
        spamassasin disabled) but that's not working anymore.
You need to select which spam plugin to use in preferences. By default,
when you install via a rpm, SpamAssasin would be set. You can choose
Bogofilter also from there.

-Srini.
      * When I use Send/Receive the dialog that pops up is too short to
        hold my 4 accounts (2 POP, one Exchange, and sendmail) without
        scrolling or resizing by hand, which is annoying (in 2.10 and
        previous this wasn't a problem).

Srini:^^ ?

V. Varadhan