Re: [Evolution] can not close evolution while it is pinging the IMAP server

You can click the Cancel toolbar button to cancel that.

-Srini

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:09 -0600, Nicolas Bock wrote:
    hello list,

I am running evolution 2.8.3. I connect to an IMAP server at work to
get my email. When I am at home I can not directly contact the IMAP
server since it is behind a firewall. I need to connect with VPN
first. Sometimes VPN drops the connection and I get thrown back out of
the firewall. The IMAP server becomes inaccessible. Sometimes
evolution is doing something when this happens and it gets stuck in
"pinging IMAP server" mode. Reconnecting via VPN does not help. I
can't even quit evolution at this point and have to force quit it in
gnome. Is this a known issue? Can I somehow prevent evolution from
"pinging the IMAP server"?

Thanks, nick