Re: [Evolution] Server Side Spam Filters and Evolution Search Folder

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 23:18 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 02:35 +0100, Alfredo Matos wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 15:35 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 19:58 +0100, Alfredo Matos wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 00:21 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 21:19 +0100, Alfredo Matos wrote:
Hi,

I use an IMAP server which is integrated with spamassassin, a fairly
common and widespread setup. The spam is marked at the server and
automatically moved to trash. But, evolution's Unread Search Folder
fulter insists on marking it as unread, mixing it with my normal mail,
which is rather annoying.

The question is how to filter out messages that are so they don't show
up on the unread search folder. Back in earlier versions of EVO, it was
possible to define the Search Folder rules based on specific header
rules, but that is not true anymore, any special reason why ?

You can still do it. Just see if you have added the header to the list
of headers that are fetched (edit->preferences->edit_account, IMAP
Headers tab)

I tried this, but nothing changes in the rule interface, like "Edit
Search folder".

I want to properly parse the mails that have spam information, set by
the mail server, such as:

"
"

Any thoughts ?

You can set a filter rule (note: not a search folder rule) to match a
specific header, so the trick would be to match X-Spam-Flag and set the
message status to Read.

poc

Hi. Thanks for that, it works, but only on Evo 2.11 . I have 2.10 in my
production machine, I can set it up, but it doesn't apply the filters to
incoming messages e.g i have to select the unread messages and apply the
filters.

Automatic filters only apply to new messages in the Inbox. "Newness" is
an IMAP server concept, and anything that reads a message makes it no
longer new, so it could depend on exactly how the server-side spam
filter works. If it's part of the MTA delivery chain it should be OK,
but if it's done post-delivery then Evo filters will not apply. You
should also make sure that nothing else is reading messages (include
mail notifiers, other clients etc.)

It's part of the delivery chain (maildrop runs spam check, virus check
and delivery rule check), but spam is matched to a Spam IMAP folder
(read on).

 In 2.11 i can mark it as apply to all incoming, and i can run
filters on folder with Ctrl+Y, something that doesn't happen on 2.10.

Ctrl-Y does work on 2.10, or did you mean something else?

It works with messages selected. I can't say for instance, apply to a
folder.

Is there some trick to enable filters on all incoming messages on 2.10 ?

Only for the Inbox as far as I can see.

poc

Ok, checked that, but the problem persists with my imap setup, since the
server (running spamassassin, clamav etc i.e. the whole nine yards),
places the spam in a spam folder.

Maybe this is something to be fixed in new Evo releases ? Make the
filters apply to all unread in case of IMAP, and keep the just Inbox
behavior for POP.

Thanks,

Alfredo.