[Evolution] Importing CSV into evolution

Hi,

I'm migrating from a Mac OS X desktop to Linux, and I want to get my
contacts into Evolution. I've exported a CSV from Apple's addressbook
(using a third party tool - addressbook doesn't export natively
<grumble>.)

I first tried exporting using that tool's "Outlook filter" - but that
csv didn't import into Evolution (using the Outlook file type) at all,
for some reason.

I tried various other things, all of which resulted in munged contacts.

Lastly, I exported a dummy record out of Mozilla thunderbird, and
rearragned the column order *exactly* using OO spreadsheet, then
imported that CSV into evolution using the mozilla file type - I *still*
got munged contacts.

Any suggestions for how to deal with this? Documentation on the
column/field order expected, or other ways to get around this problem
would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
Michelle