Re: [Evolution] Can't synchronize address book

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 20:12 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 10:16 +0300, Antonis Christofides wrote:
Thanks a lot, this worked, and I will be using it until I can find
something better.  It is obviously too complicated and too error-prone,
and, besides the fact that if I make changes in both sides it doesn't
work, I also strongly dislike to shut down gnome and then having to
re-setup my environment.

So if anyone can hint anything about multisync or similar, it would be
nice.

SyncEvolution [1] is a sync tool based on SyncML; it supports two-way
syncs and you don't have to terminate anything for it to work. If you
haven't considered it yet, then give it a try. Beware, you will need an
account on a SyncML server; ScheduleWorld works well.

Disclaimer: I wrote SyncEvolution, so I am biased...

[1] http://www.estamos.de/projects/SyncML/

I presume another solution is to use a shared address book via LDAP (I'm
about to try this...)