Re: [Evolution] how retrieving email from external mail server (yahoo.co.id)

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 11:45 +0700, edy junaidi wrote:
I connect to the internet through proxy server on our LAN. Here's my
setup on my account, incoming email through pop.mail.yahoo.co.id &
outgoing mail through smtp.mail.yahoo.co.id as on the manual of
yahoomail if I like to retrieve my mail to local computer. But
everytime I try to get the email it always fails to connect. What is
wrong with my setting, or is there any other problem ? The proxy
server on our LAN is using squid to provide access for the local
clients to connect to the internet.

Not too sure about your network and Squid configuration, but o use
proxy, set the "http_proxy" before starting Evo (or any other
application which connects to Internet) using:

        export http_proxy=http://ip.of.the.proxy:port

and if your proxy requires authentication:

        export http_proxy=http://username:password ip of the proxy:port

Hope this helps.

Srinidhi.
--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )            B S Srinidhi
 - against HTML email  X             http://www.srinidhi-is.in