Re: [Evolution] Keeping mulitple accounts separate

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 21:16 -0500, Barrett wrote:
I'm new to Evolution, coming from Thunderbird.  I'm looking to set up
four accounts so that each has their own inbox, sent items, deleted, etc
folders and so that each is stored in different files.  I've set up my
Thunderbird to do that, but don't see a way to configure it in
Evolution.

You can define different "Sent Items" and other folders for each of your
accounts. I think, you cannot define different Inbox folder for POP3
accounts, but you could set up filters according to the source account
(I use this for my Gmail accounts). The "Trash" folder is a virtual
folder that exists for each account that you create (ALL: if I'm wrong
here, please correct me :)

If it's not possible, is it possible to share Evolution address books
with Thunderbird?  I'm mostly looking at Evolution for it's ability to
sync with my Palm.

Export your contacts from TB in a LDIF file and import this LDIF file in
Evolution.

Hope this helps.

Srinidhi.
--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )            B S Srinidhi
 - against HTML email  X             http://www.srinidhi-is.in