[Evolution] Evolution 2.2.3 to 2.8

Hello,

I currently run evolution 2.2.3 on a group of about 100 computers with installations of Fedora 2 and Fedora 4.  The default installation of Evolution is 2.2.0 with updates in the repos to get to 2.2.3.  I have attempted to upgrade to 2.8 on a test machine but run into major dependency issues and serious scripting to get the configure program to run.  So many that I spent 2 hours pointing the program to the correct folders for qt and various dependencies and still haven't made it through successfully.  Has anyone tried to do this before?  I really am only interested in upgrading the Fedora 4 versions of Evolution as I am phasing out the Fedora 2 installs.

Thanks for your help,
Chris