Re: [Evolution] Multiple SMTP servers in Evolution?

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:11:09 James Pifer wrote:
The From: box in Evolution should be selectable. You should be able to
choose the account you want to use. I'm no evolution expert, but I
believe it sends based on that selection.

        Oh, it is selectable all right. The problem is that the programs seems to
ignore the selection and use the default SMTP server anyway. It looks like it
was a bug in Evolution, but it looks strange that it hasn't been already
reported and corrected, so I suspect I am overlooking some "Use Always
Default SMTP" checkbox or something like that.

You didn't say which version of Evolution you ar eusing, but it works
correctly for me in 2.8.3 - the SMTP server Evo uses depends on the
'From:' address I specify at the top.

        Yep, I forgot, sorry. I'm using Evolution 2.8.1 under Ubuntu Edgy.

         In the Ubuntu forums I was told that they were using it without problems, so
I am quite confused. Maybe I should upgrade to the latest version?

        Until I can fix this, I'll run KMail under GNOME, which works fine, but I'd
like to use just native GNOME apps and spare the need to load a bunch of
memory-eating kdelibs, etc.

        Thanks,
        GK

--