Re: [Evolution] Need focus on Exchange (was Re: CalDAV - any successes out there)

On 2/26/07, Veerapuram Varadhan <vvaradhan novell com> wrote:

What all features/functionalities that you use extensively in Exchange?

calendar:

issues:
currently if our schedulers add an item to my calendar, I can't see it
until I restart evo
can't view another users schedule (subscribe to that users calendar folder)
often, manipulating calendar items crashes evo

mail:
issues:
very very very slow .. both initial loading, and, even as new messages
arrive, I have to wait many seconds for the message to be readable. I
usually run OWA in firefox always now, so that I can read messages
quickly or check an updated calendar

Basically, I need to be able to use this product, without being
punished with a lack of functiionality compared to my Outlook using
bretheren. Until this occurs, I cannot recommend EVO to corp users.
When a linux desktop is discussed, we must include vmware or other
mechanism for getting to the Outlook client.

It's ridiculous, especially given that EVO has been crowed about as an
Outlook replacement.

Peter