[Evolution] Mail not starting in Gnome desktop

RHEL 4, evolution-2.0.2-27.rhel4.6
I closed the X11 window unexpectedly yesterday and attempted to delete all
the old sessions, however I cannot bring up the mail gui client now.  The
message in my vnc log file is that the xserver SecurityPolicy file could not
be opened, the TTF fonts could not be initted, the CID fonts could not be
initted, the XKB extension could not be found and that neither the panel
stock icon for gnome-debian nor gnome-suse could be loaded.
Other aspects are working (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, OpenOffice).  Might anyone
have a suggestion as to what I could do to restart Evolution Mail?  Thanks.
Rick