Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0.2 on RHEL 4

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 11:59 -0500, Steve Greenfield wrote:
I want to install the latest stable release 2.8.2.1 but
am not sure which of the following to install with it
and in what order to build the pieces.

      Package                 Version
      =====================   =======
      Evolution               2.8.2.1
      Evolution Data Server   1.8.2
      GtkHTML                 3.12.2
      libsoup                 2.2.96
      Evolution Exchange      2.8.2

You'll want all of them, and the installation sequence is:

    1) libsoup
    2) GtkHTML
    3) Evolution Data Server
    4) Evolution
    5) Evolution Exchange

But you're going to have a bit of a time getting 2.8 running in a RHEL4
environment.  You'll need to also upgrade your GTK+ stack, consisting of
GLib, Cairo, Pango, ATK, and GTK+.  See http://www.gtk.org/.

I can try to help you if you hit any snags.  I maintain the RHEL4
Evolution packages and I recently attempted a similar exercise.

Matthew Barnes