Re: [Evolution] CalDAV - any successes out there

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 14:42 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 09:02 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On 2/16/07, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
<snip>
While I understand the need for an Exchange client
under Linux, I can't help wondering how much this distracts developer
attention from the rest of Evo.

From the perspective of hoping to drive Linux desktop adoption into
the corporate world, Linux must have an enterprise-ready groupware
client that can replace Outlook with little or no loss of
functionality.

There are several (Zimbra and Scalix come to mind), just that they
aren't free if you want interoperability with Exchange.

These look like nice server solutions but what is needed is a client
that can work flawlessly with Exchange without imap or pop support.  I
hate to say it but an Outlook clone.  I personally don't like Outlook,
even a bit.

I will look into the above products closer to see if they could do what
I need.

I misspoke. Both of these are server solutions and can handle Outlook as
a client, but I don't think they'll help you with an existing Exchange
installation. Sorry for the confusion.

poc