Re: [Evolution] CalDAV - any successes out there

On 2/16/07, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
<snip>
While I understand the need for an Exchange client
under Linux, I can't help wondering how much this distracts developer
attention from the rest of Evo.

From the perspective of hoping to drive Linux desktop adoption into
the corporate world, Linux must have an enterprise-ready groupware
client that can replace Outlook with little or no loss of
functionality.

Evolution has been touted as just that ... but thus far (IMHO) has
fallen considerably short -- and is actually pretty weak. Its poor
showing has cost linux 2 desktop rollouts that I personally was hoping
to assist with. I'm certain that there are many more.

There are *many* good/strong personal groupware offerings. I'd vote
for please, distracting the developers from "the rest of EVO" -- so
that we can finally get the product that we need to compete with
Outlook/Exchange.

Peter