Re: [Evolution] Search boxes and UI meddling

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 17:17 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 12:45 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

BTW, I didn't even realize the little magnifying glass was clickable!
Its location makes it functionally invisible and it lacks what the CHI
people call "affordance".

FWIW, I filed a bug a few months ago to have a downward arrow added to
the icon, to make it more obvious that it offered some menu items (aka
"make it look more like Spotlight search on the Mac").  I'd agree
there's certainly scope for grander improvements, though.

IMHO, the very idea of having a clickable icon *inside* a text entry box
makes me squirm. It's just wrong wrong wrong. An icon in a text box
looks like a label or type indicator, not something operational.

poc