Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.12.1 not auto filtering new messages after switch to new IMAP server software

I use Evolution (of various ages) with Dovecot without any problems at
all.

Virtually always such problems are to do with some other program
'seeing' the message, but leaving it unread, before Evolution gets it.
The 'new' status of a message in IMAP is really 'has a message arrived
since the mail box was last polled' -  it has nothing to do with if it
was read or not.  And it is a flag sent by the server to the client -
the client can not change the flag on the server, once a message has
been seen, that's it.

Is it possible that some program somewhere (like a mail notification
applet or webmail application) is accessing the mail box?

P.