Re: [Evolution] Very serious problem with evo-exchange 2.11.5

Hi;

        Paul:  Will it be possible for you to run a quick test on this
        patch and report back?  The patch can be downloaded from:
        http://people.freedesktop.org/~vvaradan/misc/evo/missing-mails.patch

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to fix the problem.  I've had it
happen to me today again at my work system, twice.

In fact it was slightly more serious in that not only were all the
messages before July 1 hidden, but also the very latest message in my
inbox (that I had just received seconds before) was also hidden.

This is how it went:

I upgraded to the latest SVN HEAD for all Evo+components, and applied
the patch provided.  I rebuilt/reinstalled.  I ensured all Evo processes
were stopped and I removed ~/.evolution/exchange and
~/.evolution/mail/exchange to start "clean" (I didn't try removing the
account in Evo).

I started Evo.  I was doing my normal work with my normal email volume.
At one point I received an email, read it (it was very short), and
wanted to reply to it so I selected part of the message and intended to
hit the "Reply" button but instead hit "Send /Receive".  I got a mail
download dialog that appeared and disappeared immediately (nothing
extra).  When it disappeared, I saw that my inbox had only 36 messages
(down from 163), and all the messages before July 1 AND the very latest
message I just got were not visible.

I tried stopping/restarting Evo (including all processes) but that
didn't help, just as it didn't help before.

I removed ~/.evolution/exchange and ~/.evolution/mail/exchange, and now
all my email is back just like it was before (including that new message
I just received).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>                http://make.paulandlesley.org
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist