Re: [Evolution] How to write in letters that have come in the In-Box

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 10:44 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi all;
On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 16:22 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hi,

On Do, 2007-08-16 at 09:52 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
Is there a way in Evolution to write notes for myself in letters that
others have written to me?

Not that I am aware of.
If you would use mbox format, you probably could edit the mbox
yourself ;-)
So I don't think you can edit mails in your Inbox with the Evolution
right now. But I think it's an interesting feature which is probably
worth a bug report.

This has been discussed before.  I agree with previous discussions that
you wouldn't want users to be able to alter the content of mail from
another person.

If someone wanted to "tamper" with a letter, it would be a piece of
cake. Just copy and paste, do what they wanted and send it on. Or
forward.

If you want something official and tamper-proof, then print it and send
it by mail.

E-mail is not a bank document. It is for getting work done. If one can't
work with the mail one has, then it is hand-cuffing one's ability to
work. The mail should be editable. By not allowing it, you are not
making something tamper-proof by any means. It is still easily
tamper-proof. The only thing accomplished is truncating the utility of
the Evolution software.