Re: [Evolution] How to write in letters that have come in the In-Box

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 16:22 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hi,

On Do, 2007-08-16 at 09:52 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
Is there a way in Evolution to write notes for myself in letters that
others have written to me?

Not that I am aware of.
If you would use mbox format, you probably could edit the mbox
yourself ;-)
So I don't think you can edit mails in your Inbox with the Evolution
right now.

This is really surprising to hear. Until I moved over to
Feisty/Evolution 3 months ago, I had been using an old version of
"Eudora Light" in Windows for my e-mail. I was using the same e-mail
software since 1997-- and since THEN, that feature has been available in
Eudora Light. That is to say, it is a really basic feature.

But I think it's an interesting feature which is probably
worth a bug report.

ok, I could report it-- if you tell me how, and if you think someone may
do something about it.

By the way, any idea if this feature of editing in-coming letters, is
available in Thunderbird? I would almost be willing to switch for this
feature alone, because I use it a lot.

As someone who does a lot of correspondence in other languages, I often
need to insert word definitions into my in-coming mail.

Maybe you want to convert a mail to a task or a memo, since you can
easily edit these ones.

It's just that I would have to create duplicate copies of much of the
incoming mail, just to insert my definitions and notes. This would
require an entire secondary filing system and a lot of unnecessary bulk
and duplication.

Regards,
Swarup