Re: [Evolution] evol 2.10.3 on fedora7

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 10:50 +0530, Shrikant Navelkar wrote:
I had a tough time in compiling evol 2.10.x on RHEL 5. I finally
decided to shift to fedora 7.

The installation of evo 2.10.3 was completely hassle free through
yum.

I can't speak to your main question about a salesforce.com plugin, but I
just wanted to mention that the troubles you were having on RHEL 5 was
likely due to your installed GLib and/or GTK+ packages not being recent
enough.

We've recently added version checks for GLib, GTK+, and other
dependencies to Evolution's "configure" script.  That means that
configure will now tell you when Evolution requires a more recent
version of a package before you ever start compiling.  Hopefully this
will spare you from future hassles like what you experienced while
trying to compile on RHEL 5.

Matthew Barnes