Re: [Evolution] messages disappearing, redux

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 08:58 -0400, Michelle Murrain wrote:
However, the basic problem remains - it seems that evolution doesn't
know how to copy
messages from local folders to an imap server. I've experimented a
couple of times with non-essential
folders and messages. What am I missing, here?

Hi Michael,

I have no trouble moving messages from my imap inbox to another folder
on the imap server.  eg on my AIM imap server I have Inbox etc and
OpenOffice.org where I store my emails from people requiring a CD
version of OOo.  I have found that the process of moving messages into
the OOo folder is quite slow, probably due to upload bandwidth problems.
But it certainly works.  As does the expunge command from Evo in the
Junk folder on the imap server.  Wait a while before you give up,
especially if you are moving a large block of messages.

Andrew Greig

Community Distributor, OpenOffice.org