Re: [Evolution] messages disappearing, redux

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 08:58 -0400, Michelle Murrain wrote:
However, the basic problem remains - it seems that evolution doesn't
know how to copy
messages from local folders to an imap server. I've experimented a
couple of times with non-essential
folders and messages. What am I missing, here?

It works for me. I've done this lots of times. My IMAP server is Cyrus.

Have you done it from other clients *to the same IMAP server*?

Try posting a message to your Inbox i.e. New Message and then instead of
filling in the To: field select View->Post-To, click on the Post-To
button and select a folder on the IMAP server, e.g. your Inbox, then
Send. Does the message appear?

If so, try dragging just one message from a local folder to a remote
one. If that also works, maybe your IMAP server has a problem with the
volume of stuff you're trying to copy.

poc