[Evolution] evolution locking up

All,

I have a serious problem with evolution "hanging" and locking my display
and spinning using large amounts of CPU and/or network.  It has been
happening for a couple of years through several OS versions from redhat
9 through fedora core 6 and on my dual Intel PIII as well as my dual AMD
Opteron.  At work I run a dual core Intel and have no problems.  It has
recently become far worse.  Googling the problem, shows little if no
other of these type problems.

At one time I thought it was related to intermittent NFS timeouts but
I've ruled that out (although it can be a problem).  Right now I cannot
even bring Evolution up without it immediately bringing up bug buddy
then crashing.  It had been taking enormous amounts of time to move from
one email to the next.

I have not provided much detail, but can anyone tell me of any similar
type problems they've heard of and what kind of causes they might have.

appreciatively,
brian
--
Dr. Brian L Scipioni