Re: [Evolution] evolution locking up

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 10:06 -0400, Brian L Scipioni wrote:

I have a serious problem with evolution "hanging" and locking my
display
and spinning using large amounts of CPU and/or network.

I have had this problem this week also. Have a look at the Hard Drive
access (LED in front of PC if it is connected). It has always done it in
conjunction with hard disk access in my case, also several versions of
SuSE in the past. See my mail of today 11:45 CET.

Can you get to another Linux box and ssh to the locked down system? I
can. Then I usually try to kill Evo, but it does not always help. Today
I waited 5 minutes and used console Str-Alt-F1 and logged in, killing
Evo and the system was OK. Now all seems to be OK.

In the past I also could not get Evo to run again, with Bugbuddy popping
up.

All that helped sometimes was to rename the .evolution directory
to .evolution-old, and restarted Evo. It built a new directory and all
else. I had to rebuild most of the filters, pop-accounts etc. Sometimes
renaming the new .evolution directory and copying the old .evolution-old
to .evolution worked; but mostly not.

There ware such problems before. Look in the Mailing-List Archives.

hth

:-)
Al