Re: [Evolution] Newbie looking for Evolution 2.8 on Win32 help

Hi Jimmy,

Am Donnerstag, den 21.09.2006, 11:37 -0500 schrieb Jimmy Burt:
I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row, so that I can make a
smooth transition to linux full-time on my system.  But at present, I
"LIVE" in M$ Outlook.  I have installed the Win32 Evolution found at
http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/ but the new 2.8 version
seems to offer much better look and feel.  I am trying to use
exclusively cross-platform programs at present to help make my
transition smoother.  I have tried to follow the instructions to
"Build" 2.8 on windows, but I get lost at setting up the WinGW
development environment.
Can someone give me some simpler "newb proof" instructions, or better
yet, point me to a pre-built 2.8 win32 install???

Evolution 2.8.0 binaries for the "normal" 32-bit Windows are available
on the GNOME FTP site at
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/desktop/2.16/2.16.0/win32 . Please note
that Novell does not provide official support or maintenance for this
port.
Mark Pinto wrote an end-user-friendly all-in-one installer for Evolution
2.6 which is currently available at
http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/ - that's the one you're
using, but that one is even more "unofficial" (hehe) - you could poke
Mark if he can provide an updated version.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!