[Evolution] Newbie looking for Evolution 2.8 on Win32 help

I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row, so that I can make a smooth transition to linux full-time on my system.  But at present, I "LIVE" in M$ Outlook.  I have installed the Win32 Evolution found at http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/ but the new 2.8 version seems to offer much better look and feel.  I am trying to use exclusively cross-platform programs at present to help make my transition smoother.  I have tried to follow the instructions to "Build" 2.8 on windows, but I get lost at setting up the WinGW development environment.

Can someone give me some simpler "newb proof" instructions, or better yet, point me to a pre-built 2.8 win32 install???

Thanks,

Jimmy Burt
jimmy j-b3 com
JB3 Systems