Re: [Evolution] How to find an Exchange Global Catalog server name?

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 14:36 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
I can't find any configuration of the global address list in Outlook: is
there someplace I could find it if I looked?  I have dual-boot set up so
I can boot back into Windows to start Outlook if necessary.

If you're running outlook 2k3, you can hold down the <ctrl> key and
right-click on the outlook icon in the system tray, then select
"connection status".  This will show you all the msexchange servers you
are connected to at the moment.  Depending on how your msexchange
environment is set up, this might also come in handy in finding your
public folder server as well (the machine that holds other msexchange
users' freebusy calendar information, among other things).

Any other ideas?  Is there some configuration on the server that needs
to be set properly for Evolution Connector to use the address list?

AFAICT, there does need to be some kind of configuration change on the
server, but I'm not sure what it is.  Maybe the server has to support
plain-ol ldap queries, and doesn't by default?  I know that evolution
can talk to some of the GAL servers inside HP, but not all of them.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>