[Evolution] Syncing multiple calendars. Evolution and palm

Hi all,

I have multiple calendars in Evolution and want to sync them with my palm device. The conduit only allows me
to select a single calendar, so I don't appear to be able to do this directly.

Can anyone tell me:

1) Is there a way to do this that I simply failed to notice on the menus (and in the manual)?
2) If there's no "standard" way, any workarounds suggested?

So far, I'm trying this; create yet another calendar, called Palm and copy all the other calendars to it,
then sync against that. This gets everything into the palm, but doesn't help me recognize any new
appointments that were created on the palm and just arrived in Evolution. This is OK, but makes integrating
changes from the Palm into Evolution really hard. Effectively I have to create all appointments in evolution
and use the Palm to browse them, which isn't really what the Palm is about.

Can I work directly with the calendars? If so are there any utility libraries that will help? I'm wondering
about creating a program that does the following:

1) create a temporary calendar called X
2) copy the other calendars to that new calendar
3) sync the Palm and the X calendar
4) determine the diffs between the X calendar and the old version of the X calendar (didn't mention the need
to keep this thing between operations, but there you go :)
5) create a list of deleted appointments that were removed by the Palm device
6) alter the X temporary calendar so that it only contains those appointments that were created on the Palm
itself. These can then be moved into the appropriate "real" calendar by hand. (I think this step has to be
done by hand, as the Palm device doesn't understand multiple calendars/calendar categories so far as I know).

Any thoughts on any of this? TIA!
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." —
Naguib Mahfouz