Re: [Evolution] compiling on Freebsd

Thanks for the info. That seem to work for the most part. Now I get:

configure: error: Package requirements (camel-provider-1.2
libedataserver-1.2 >= 1.7.90 libegroupwise-1.2 >= 1.7.90) were not
met.

But I think thats my test system is not the most up to date system.
Which brings me to this question will installing evolution data server
solve that error?

On 10/12/06, Michael Ekstrand <michael elehack net> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 09:36 -0400, Vizo Allman wrote:
> I am trying to get evolution 2.8.0 to generate a Makefile on FreeBSD
> 6.1. the configure fails like so:
> checking for Win32... no
> checking for iconv in -liconv... no
> checking for iconv... no
> configure: error: You need to install a working iconv implementation, su
> ch as ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

FreeBSD's libc does not include iconv, so you need libiconv installed
from Ports.  Once you have it installed, you may need to pass some
option such as "--with-iconv=/usr/local" (or whatever evolution's
configure script calls the iconv option - it might be --with-libiconv or
something) so configure can find it.

- Michael

--
mouse, n.: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you wish to type
        -- Fortune file

--
"Nor aught availed him now
To have build in Heaven high towers    Nor did he scape