Re: [Evolution] compiling on Freebsd

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 09:36 -0400, Vizo Allman wrote:
I am trying to get evolution 2.8.0 to generate a Makefile on FreeBSD
6.1. the configure fails like so:
checking for Win32... no
checking for iconv in -liconv... no
checking for iconv... no
configure: error: You need to install a working iconv implementation, su
ch as ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

FreeBSD's libc does not include iconv, so you need libiconv installed
from Ports.  Once you have it installed, you may need to pass some
option such as "--with-iconv=/usr/local" (or whatever evolution's
configure script calls the iconv option - it might be --with-libiconv or
something) so configure can find it.

- Michael

--
mouse, n.: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you wish to type
        -- Fortune file