Re: [Evolution] compiling on Freebsd

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 09:36 -0400, Vizo Allman wrote:
I am trying to get evolution 2.8.0 to generate a Makefile on FreeBSD
6.1. the configure fails like so:
checking for Win32... no
checking for iconv in -liconv... no
checking for iconv... no
configure: error: You need to install a working iconv implementation, su
ch as

FreeBSD's libc does not include iconv, so you need libiconv installed
from Ports.  Once you have it installed, you may need to pass some
option such as "--with-iconv=/usr/local" (or whatever evolution's
configure script calls the iconv option - it might be --with-libiconv or
something) so configure can find it.

- Michael

mouse, n.: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you wish to type
        -- Fortune file
Visit me on the Web:
Confused by the strange attachment on this message?  I cryptographically
sign my e-mails. See <>.