Re: [Evolution] problems with 2.6.0

Des,
  Well that makes me real nervous.  My DVD is from a download, but the MD5 checked out.  But the fact that it is doing this on all the computers here and none of yours...  I hate to but I guess I'll do a clean install.  Are you by chance also running a 64bit version?

John - going to work now!

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 19:19 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 13:04 -0500, John Abbott wrote:
> I am using Evo 2.6.0 with SLED 10 <regression? from Open 10.1>   and I
> have more tweaks in this supposed stable version than the Open SuSE
> 10.1 version.
>
>   1. The beep on new mail does not function
>
>   2. moving to play this sound on arrival does not work - except when
> I move the mail from the inbox to a folder
>
>   3. If I send mail and almost immediately shut down the program
> crashes.
>
>   4. highlight, copy and paste into a new window does not work
>

> I am running Evolution 2.6.0 on HP Pavilion a822n's, Acer Ferrari
> 4000's and a couple of Toshiba laptops.  These failure modes are
> consistent across all the network.
>
> John

I have SLED 10 running on my laptop at work (upgraded from SuSE 10.0)
and also running the Evo 2.6.0 which it shipped with. I haven't seen any
of the issues you note, although to be fair, I haven't tried no 3.

Sorry I can't suggest anything. Have you tried a clean install on any of
your systems?

Regards,

Des