[Evolution] Text in search text box is invisible

Initial entry of text into the search text box is normal - black on white.  However, once the search is performed, the text in the search text box changes to white on white, which obviously is invisible.  I thought this was a bug in an earlier version, but I just upgraded ubutntu from dapper to edgy and I still get this behavior.  Is this a bug or some kind of font configuration problem on my system?

thanks