[Evolution] Why do some transfered emails end up in Trash

Folks,

When I convert mh to mbox (Sylpheed-Claws) with several hundred emails
in the SC folder, then have SC deposit the new mbox file it creates into
evolution's mail directory, I open the new folder in Evolution and often
the majority of emails are there. The rest are in Evolution's trash
folder. At least I can click and drag that bunch back onto the folder
where they belong. So it's not a show-stopper. But it is curious. And it
only seems to happen with folders with perhaps three or four hundred
emails or more. Even then, some batches move to Evolution with
everything in tow. Others divide the mail between the correct folder and
Trash.

Any explanations?

With best regards,

Pete