Re: [Evolution] Maybe I mis-wrote the question ?

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 15:35 -0500, William Case wrote:
Thank you Wade;

But now I am feeling stupid.

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 13:22 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
11142006 1320 GMT-6

.evolution > mail > local > MessageArchieve
sounds stupid, but what does file command say ?

# file Messa*

Try opening the file with vi, and check ?

After I created a MessageArchive folder as a child of 'Saved'
and moved a message to it, I went to
~/.evolution/mail/local/Saved/MessageArchive and found the following
files:
MessageArchive
MessageArchive.cmeta
MessageArchive.evsummary
MessageArchive.evsummary-meta
MessageArchive.ibex.index
MessageArchive.ibex.index.data

There is no *.text type file. All give the "Couldn't display "filename"
error message when I try to open them.  The permissions are correct.
Now what?

The one that says plain text document is the one with all the emails.
You can open it with a text editor.

wade