[Evolution] Thread Message View, Calendar View and general UI

Hi,

I just switched to Evolution 2.8 (on Fedora Core 6) because it's
Groupwise support seems to be more stable and usable.
The Evolution Data Server seems to be stable (2.6 died every other
minute or so) so Evolution is a real alternative for me now.

There are a few things though I don't like or maybe just don't know how
to do it:

1.) Threaded Messages:
I have folders on my mailbox that contain mailing lists. I expected a
decent way to handle message threads. If I switch on "Thread
Messages" (Ctrl-T) in the mailing list folder the messages are not
threaded though. What could be the reason for that? Maybe Groupwise
related? Are messages not recognized as belonging to one thread?

2.) Calendar View:
I really favor the "Work Week View" for calendars but like to have an
small month overview as well next to my work-week view. If you have
worked with Outlook or Kontact you have this "Month Overview" next to
the work-view and can use it to navigate through weeks.
I've tried to find a n equivalent in Evolution but there isn't (?)

3.) General UI
Is there a possibility to switch off the icon text in the top tool-bar?
I personally think Icons+text is a waste of space as after using a
program for some time you know what a "new" or "reply-to" icon looks
like.

Thanks,
Reinhard