Re: [Evolution] "Evolution can not start" dialog

Hi all,

for the record, I'm using gentoo ~x86.

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 16:07 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi iain,

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 21:07 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:

FAQ (There is currently no text in this page)

yeah... the FAQ does not exist yet.

oh!

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.

quoting harish:
"The message means what it says - The configuration is not what it
should be for the application to run well.

what configuration?  I don't understand it because I don't change any
configuration between working and not-woring states.

The work-arounds suggested all refer to environments where multiple
versions of evolution/eds co-exist

really?  What work-arounds are you referring to?  I couldn't see any
mention of multiple versions, nor do I have multiple versions of evo or
eds.

The action required towards a full solution is to get the environment to
a valid state - remove conflicting versions or isolating matched
versions in your shell environment through proper settings to
BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.

So this is not a 'bug' that can be fixed by modifying the code. What may
be a bug indeed is documentation (or a lack of it) on the prevention and
recovery of such errors."

Unless it's evolution that is making the environment get in this state,
or evolution being confused about it, when nothing is really wrong.

I checked my environment when evolution works (with set), and compared
it to the environment when it doesn't work, and I don't see any
differences.

I'll check out playing with mail-notification next, but at the moment, I
can't reproduce the error...

thanks for all the help :)

The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest.